Sunday, February 12, 2012

What is Love?


Most of us celebrate valentines' day, but I'm not sure for those who don't have one yet.
All I am sure is that everybody asks "who's your date?" hmmm, now I'm asking myself too.
Shhhhh, let's go on to my story. I know you get excited everytime you hear a love story.

Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, there lived a beautiful princess but she hasn't any prince yet. She's been waiting for almost seven years. Her father, the king has also been checking every young men passing by so he could bring them to her daughter, hoping to finally choose one. But the princess has no feelings for all men that king has brought to her.

The princess again waited for another year to come. One day, the princess and her father went out to bask and see the beautiful morning.
There were three young men approached the princess. The first man said, "good morning my dear beautiful princess, I'm delighted to see you here. With my privilege to meet you, I wonder if you can accept my love."

Then the second man hissed, "oh princess, what a lovely day, as lovely as you are. You have no idea how you really made may day. If you give me chance to offer my deepest adoration in you, I will do all my best just to make you happy."
The third man then humbly greeted the princess and the king. "good morning your highness, good morning princess. It's my honor to see you.

The king hurriedly asked the three young men, "what are you doing here?" " your majesty, we're really waiting to see the princess." "Are you telling me that you want to marry my daughter?" said the king. "Yes your majesty." said the three. The king whispered to his daughter and said, "so how's it my dear?"
The princess replied, "let me handle this father."
"Both of you are attractive, but I am only looking for one. Please introduce yourself to us."

The first man said, "I am prince Arthur, I live from the nearby kingdom and I've been searching one, for several months now. I can give a best life that you want for your daughter." (facing to the king)
The second man, also said, I am Charlie, I own a big business. In fact, I manage my own business too. I can also provide a very good future for your daughter."
After the second man has talked, a moment of silence had encouraged the third man to introduce himself.

"I am not as wealthy as they are, but I was able to save some money just enough for us to live a good life."
My name is Luke, I'm just one of your employees your highness." prince Arthur and Charlie derided Luke after knowing it he's just an ordinary worker.

The princess asked the three of them, "if ever I'm not a princess, are you still gonna marry me?"
Prince Charlie, answered, of course yes! You're beautiful." "Definitely, I'm gonna marry you my princess; you're my dream girl." said Charlie. Then Luke answered, "I am not only going to marry you, but I will give you a life you deserve; I will take good care of you."

If you are the princess, who are you going to choose? is it prince Arthur, Charlie, or Luke?
Why not have a guess, who was chosen by the princess?

To make it short, the princess has chosen Luke. (Oh you're not surprised huh? was Luke your bet too?)
And they lived happily ever after. (as a fairytle always does)

My dear friends, it says in the bible,  "Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

The princess chose Luke because, he bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things even if he's just an ordinary person, and despite of the fact that he's trialed by two rich men.
Luke shows himself with lots of patience. He's a kind person as well. 

Jesus teaches us to be polite, and kind, to speak kind words to other people and to love  the way we love Him. Let's not forget that He first loved us.  "We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19)
We should be thankful to our God for the greatest love that He has given to us.

Before you celebrate the valentines' day, honor and praise our God first, because love has started from Him. Jesus gave His whole heart to us even without asking it. His love is unconditional and everlasting. 


In Christ,
Robi Marapao


Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus