Friday, February 10, 2012

Life is More Than Beautiful




Life is more than beautiful that people are often blinded.

How many times have you asked yourself with these questions:
What am I going to eat today?
When can I get a job?
Where's my soul mate?
How is it going to be in my work?
Why is it like that?

My dear friends, these are just a few of what people often ask.
But, have you frequently heard people asking, why is life beautiful or
How can I share the joy in me?
This is the reason why people also usually in a pattern of pessimism.
They expect that there's something worse ahead of them.
That something bad that's gonna happen.

Starting today, try to overhaul yourself and believe that something good is happening.
You might be asking, the "how" to overhaul.
I'm gonna give you some tips. Here's to do list:

When you wake up in the morning, smile and say, "something good is happening."
Acknowledge the Lord for another day.
Share the joy, by greeting or smiling the people around you.
Give a hand to those who really need it.
Accept yourself as a gift and that you are precious.

Are these easy to do once in a while?  Of course you would answer yes.
But, once is never enough. Doing these tips should be everyday.
If you want to feel an ultimate change, doing once isn't effective.
Do these steps like a habit. Let me share this story.

I have a friend of mine who used to be my close friend ages back.
Let's hide her name Barbara. She has felt devastated for very long years.
But she's wealthy. Her family has a business. However, she kept on telling miseries in life.
It's like she's blinded with the goodness in life. She has become so cynical.

One day, she approached me, "Robi, why is everyone going away everytime I speak? or if not, they just prescind?  I told her, "Barbara, thank goodness and you've finally observed it.
That's already a first step."  Barbara shook her head. I asked her, "look at, how much money do you have in your purse?" "I have more than three thousand. It's my allowance, why did you ask?"
Listen Barbara, you have enough money to feed yourself. Look at those people working.
(I've pointed the men in a construction site.)

Barbara, those people are working more than ten hours without any overtime pay guarantee. (I whispered to her left ear.) But look at them, you can see the joy in their eyes, that everytime they finish work, they get excited to go home because somebody are waiting for them, and something good is happening despite their worries; despite of being less in things.
I shouted and called one of the construction workers and said, "are you going home now?
Yes Robi, (with a smile on his face) I'm heading home and eat with my family.

My friend Barbara saw and witnessed the smile. She really felt jaded that time.
Not because of the smile that she saw, but because of being blinded of the beautiful things around her.
So I told her, "my friend, take off your shades so you can see the beautiful things around you."
See the birds flying in the sky? the trees swaying each other? the wind that touches your skin?
And the sun, shines on you? Barbara, Don't put yourself in a shadow while everybody shines."

Want to hear more story about Barbara? Okay, you might wanna ask, what has happened next to her.
She's become a bank manager who’s very active in church activities.
 
And to date, she got married with two kids. She lives in Malaysia now with a happy married life.

My dear friends, I want you to be more happy seeing things more than beautiful.
Life is full of goodness and we have to cherish it.
We should catch all the blessings. Just open your heart and accept Jesus as your source of everything.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6


With beautiful heart,
Robi Marapao





Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus