Sunday, February 5, 2012

Which Tree are You?


Once upon a time, there were three trees talking with each other. The first tree said, "I am the tallest among us and my branches are also long."
"Well, mine are not long, I'm not the tallest but I am the strongest here," said the second tree. 

The third tree said, "you guys are stupendous. If you combine, the result is perfect. You can withstand when a strong typhoon comes." The first and the second tree were surprised. "Look at me," said the third tree. "I'm not tall, my branches are not as strong as you are, but the birds stay with me and I bear fruits abundantly. And my master is very happy with me."

It took a silence after they heard it. "Yeah you're right," said the first tree. "But how can you be so sure? I mean, how are you gonna ward yourself when a strong typhoon comes?" asked the second tree.
"The way I handle myself is not only based on what I have physically. 
I bear fruits because I love people picking them.

I grow more leaves because I am delighted everytime the birds stay and play with me. So when a strong typhoon comes, I'm gonna do my best to be still, and I'm not gonna give up even if it will take me a thousand fall downs." answered the third tree.

My dear friends which tree are you? the first, the second or the third? Allow me first to personify each character.

The first tree is a rich person whose dreams remain to be dreams. He is afraid to commit mistakes and doesn't take a risk.

The second tree is a talented person but he plays safe, that's all. He has a potential but he doesn't finish things when he knows he's going to undergo a certain problem. He stops dreaming and surely won’t achieve goals.

The third tree is just an average one but dreams big and does things compassionately. He has a very joyful heart that makes him more inspired to do his best.

Are you the first tree? the second tree? or the third tree? Now, let me ask you another question, what makes the third tree joyful? Who inspires him?

Basically, we should be the third tree, with a joyful heart despite of the resources aren't there to mend things. We should never give up in times of difficult, even if it will be a very hard mountain to climb for the Lord doesn't give up on us.

Always remember that Jesus has become perseverant when He's carried the cross. He has finished of what he had started. He's never given up on us.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Despite of not being perfect in life, we should be more grateful for it for every little thing we do brings us happiness. People are happy with you not because of what you have, but it’s because of who you are.

The hope should always be clear and certain, for without hope we can not start anything. God gives strength to people who hope that every single step is a blessing from Him.

Be like a third tree who never gives up despite of his difficulties, who dreams big, and lives with a good spirit. When weltschmerz strikes you, be willing to counter it through being grateful undeterred by the hard times.


With grateful heart,

Robi Marapao






Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus