Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pressing Forward, Letting Go, and Starting Over


First of all, I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all our relatives, neighbors, officemates, brothers and sisters in LNP community, LSVP family, DLSJBC family, sulit.com.ph friends and my all time friends for being with me in times of our grief, for praying for the repose of my father’s soul, and for the comfort and assistance. 
We have been blessed to have you guys. From the bottom of my hypothalamus, thank you very much.
It’s been almost a month since my father left on earth and yet the crack of pain is on its  stillness. When I look at the picture of my father I could amply imagine how loving he’s to us. I’ll try to give you a piece of paper and let you see it also. Here is the scenario:
There’s one guy who happens to pass by along the seashore. He saw a puffer fish, (butiti/butete) being trapped on a fish net. This guy, feels pity and hurriedly extricates the puffer. 
This fish immediately on a defense and sting comes out. The guy still saved the puffer despite of the pain he incurred from the puffer’s sting. A fisherman saw this guy and asked, “hey, why did you help this puffer despite that you’re in pain?”  the guy responded with greeting first and said, “my friend, my nature is to love, and part of the puffer’s nature is to defend for survival.”  
The fisherman scratched his head and said, “human’s survival is also part of our nature!” And the guy calmly replied “you’re right my friend, but he who is capable of loving and understanding more  shall love and understand more.”
That guy is best described as my father. He loved his family more than what we gave. Amazing father! At this very moment, I am wondering of what my father feels and does. 
According to Joel Osteen, don’t be depressed forever of what you can not change in the past. Keep pressing forward for the Lord has more in store for you. If you found yourself on a dead end, find another round. There must be something out for you. God is not limited to the law of nature. He can do, what human beings can’t do. The key is keep your eyes off to your problems and on to our God.
I believe that God has a best reason for getting his life and I entrust to Him everything of me. Right at this time, I am thinking of being strong because I have two swords for my battle. 
The one is for myself, and the second  is  my father’s. I should be strong, not only for myself, but also for my father’s happiness. I should be like that guy, who painstakingly embraced life.
I’m aware that having an easy life would be a hard mountain to climb because I became emotionally crippled for the loss of my father. To be honest, I can still feel the pain everytime I think of him.  
But what can I do? I should stand and move forward. I should press myself up and start a new beginning. God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Romans 8:28). 
It may be difficult for us to see and understand how this is accomplished at times, but God has promised it, and He will deliver.
From now on, I am leaving my disappointments and pains behind me to see the greater blessings of God.
 I am pressing myself forward to claim the bigger providence of the Lord.
 I highly believe and wait for the greater picture in front of me and it’s official at this time that I faithfully accept God’s lavish blessings ahead of me.


Moving forward to Christ,
Robi Marapao

Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus