Sunday, December 4, 2011

God is My Savior


One night in my room. (I worked in Metro Manila that time in 2008) I experienced a horrible night.
Of course we all know the word nightmare, don’t we?
Oh by the way, while writing this article, the movie on HBO is also scary. It provokes my fear silently. Do you want to know that movie? It’s Drag Me to Hell. Whoa! I almost fell down my glass as it caught my attention. A lot of frightening scenes so, I stopped watching it and grabbed my laptop again. (Mind you, I already watched that for two times. Haha…)
Now, let’s go back on my article. Yeah, in my room, with a heavy head fell down on my bed. I used to pray the Lord’s Prayer before going to sleep. Without my attention, I fell asleep. “Oh no, I forgot to pray. “ But honestly, I really had a good sleep that night.
Until such time I felt vulnerable and helpless. To make this story more interesting, I’ll let you internalize of what happened. Are you ready?
That night, I was screaming and shouting like no one hears me at all. I tried to move my hands, my body and my feet, but it did not work out. I forcibly move everything of me but it was useless. I was static like a statue, screaming and helpless. It’s like demons are holding my entire body. I shouted with all my voice to reach the farthest, but there was no sound came out. Worst of it, I felt someone was choking me and I couldn’t breathe.
I still struggled and thought of some positive things. Can you imagine a person whose dying begging for help? In deed I really felt that one. When a moment I almost lost my breath, I suddenly thought of asking a help to our Almighty God. And then it’s like something sparked above my head. Yes, I prayed to God – The Our Father and God did not fail me.
I know that shouting couldn’t help me. I know that moving my body and sneaking myself out of demons wouldn’t help. So I prayed to God in silence, and I recited the Lord’s Prayer with confidence and faith and it immediately woke me up. That’s the power of God. I know and I really felt it could have killed me. Like other people just sleeping and found their dead body in the morning.
Jesus has been my savior. This is just a few of stories where God saved me.
Romans 10:13: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
I also want you to experience where God reaching His hands to help you. I knew and I believed that He helped you so many ways.
I remained thankful to God.
In Jesus name,
Robi Marapao

Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus